Terms and conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before confirming your booking.
The facilities are open during the stated times on any event based product
At all other times outside the products and services advertised on this web site the opening hours are 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Saturday
The Organisation (or individual if the booking is not on behalf of an organisation) in whose name the booking is made, unless otherwise stated, will be considered the Hirer and by confirming the booking with Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre agrees to the terms and conditions described here.
Any posted correspondence should be addressed to:
Conference Centre Director
Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre
Northern Ireland, BT34 1RH
Rates and Charges
Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre (DCC) reserves the right to vary its charges without notice. Any charges relating to confirmed bookings which have been given in writing will be adhered to.
Provisional bookings will be entered on the diary and held free of charge for three weeks. During this period if we have further interest in the room we are holding for you, we will contact you to confirm or release your booking. The Hirer will receive via email from (DCC) a provisional booking entry, a booking form, our terms and conditions, room hire costs and catering details. At the end of this time written confirmation is required in order to retain the booking. If no confirmation is received the booking will be deleted from the diary automatically.
All the Hirer’s requirements should be detailed on the booking form at the time of booking. The Hirer shall notify DCC of any changes to the requirements detailed on the booking form, in writing, not less than three working days (Monday to Friday) before the function.
Confirmation of Booking
On confirmation of the booking the Hirer will receive via email a confirmation report detailing his/her requirements. The cancellation policy will then apply. For bookings for dates within three months, written confirmation is required within seven working days. For bookings for dates within seven days, confirmation is required within 24 hours.
In the event that the Hirer cancels a confirmed booking, the following charges will be applied:
• Less than two months notice, 25% of room hire
• Less than 28 days notice, 50% of room hire
• Less than 14 days notice, 75% of room hire
• Less than five working days notice, 100% of room hire and catering charges
Notification of cancellations should be made in writing and will be effective on the date received by Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre Ltd.
Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking if the holding of the function is prevented by reason of circumstances beyond its control.
Early admission to rooms
At the discretion of DCC staff early admission to a room may be allowed for Hirer, contractors or sponsors of the organiser. However the hire period will be deemed to have commenced at the time of admission to the room and therefore be chargeable according to the schedule above.
Late vacating of rooms
In the event of the Hirer, their delegates or contractor failing to vacate the room at the end of the hire period, including the failure to remove any items brought in for the event, except by prior arrangement, additional charges for room hire will be levied, in accordance with the schedule above.
Deposits and payments
Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre Ltd reserves the right to charge the Hirer full payment for a booking in advance, or claim a 25% deposit prior to the hire of their meeting rooms. In this event, all such payment and deposit information shall be specified on the booking form.
The balance will be invoiced after the function. Payment for all invoices is required within 30 days of the invoice date. VAT is applicable to all charges at the current rate.
We retain sole rights to supply catering services to the Dromantine Retreat and Conference Centre. Clients are not permitted to bring their own food and drink onto the premises for consumption.
Exhibitions and display materials
- Hirers using Dromantine Retreat And Conference Centre for exhibitions or bringing display materials to Dromantine Retreat And Conference Centre for their conference or meeting are required to inform the conference centre staff of what they are bringing at least a week in advance of the booking.
- Dromantine Retreat And Conference Centre reserves the right to remove any materials which may be deemed offensive or which are positioned in such a way that may cause health and safety problems.
- Deliveries of such materials can only be accommodated on the day prior to the booking and must be removed immediately at the end of the booking.
- Set up and provision of display materials is the responsibility of the hirer.
Health and Safety
- The Hirer is responsible for the Health and Safety of their staff and delegates throughout the duration of the hire period, and will be expected to comply with all relevant legislation.
- Information regarding emergency procedures, house-keeping and First Aid arrangements is available from the front of house staff.
- The capacities of each room are given on hire and may not be exceeded for safety reasons.
- The management reserves the right to alter proposed room layouts in order to comply with fire regulations and to refuse admission to rooms if over-crowding is liable to occur.
- Delegate lists are required to be sent to DCC at least two working days in advance.
Emergency Evacuation for Persons with Disabilities
- For all events, information relating to attendance by persons with disabilities should be obtained from delegates whenever possible in advance of the meeting or event.
- On arrival the organiser must discuss with DCC staff the arrangements that they have put in place to assist their delegate/s to evacuate the premises, which should consist of the following elements:
◦ results of a discussion with the delegate/s to agree their Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) in advance of the meeting
◦ allocation of a buddy to assist with evacuation if required
◦ communication of PEEP to DCC staff and reception
• In the event of the organiser being unaware of a delegate’s disability until their arrival, a discussion needs to take place as soon as possible to agree their PEEP, and this needs to be communicated to DCC staff.
- DCC reserves the right to request proof of identity from any person attending the meeting rooms and to require all attendees to display a security badge. Admission to the building may be refused if the staff of DCC deem it necessary.
- All articles, containers and equipment may be subject to a search or to be opened for inspection. DCC will not accept deliveries of goods for an event unless this is pre-arranged by the Hirer.
Insurance and liability
- Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to property brought to the premises by the hirer; such property, and any insurance of it, remains the responsibility of the hirer throughout.
- Nor shall Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre be responsible for any injury which may be incurred by any persons during the holding of a function arising from the actions of any individual outside of its control or arising from a failure to adhere to rules set out by the conference centre.
- Nor shall Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre be responsible for any loss due to mechanical breakdown, failure in electricity supply, flood, fire, government restriction, the need to undertake emergency repairs in the Centre or an act of God which may cause Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre’s premises to be temporarily closed or the function interrupted.
Coats and personal property
Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre does not accept responsibility for the property of customers or guests. A cloakroom is provided for the convenience of guests but any goods deposited are left at the owner’s risk and without any liability on the part of Dromatine Retreat and Conference Centre.
Woburn House operates a no smoking policy in all its rooms and complies with current Government legislation.